- Nov. 20, 2012: California’s High-Speed Rail Gains Momentum, But Doubts Remain Pew Center on the States. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR quoted.
- Oct. 23, 2012: High Speed Rail in the Valley Central Valley Air Quality Coalition. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR interviewed.
- July 26, 2012: State’s High Speed Rail Authority publishes revised plans Visalia Times-Delta. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR quoted.
- July 14, 2012: High Speed Rail System Proposed in California CCTV Biz Asia America. Matt Melzer of CA4HSR interviewed
- July 10, 2012: High-Speed Rail: Full Speed Ahead? KQED Forum with Michael Krasny. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR interviewed
- July 7, 2012: High-speed rail decision: LA reacts ABC TV Los Angeles. Dennis Lytton of CA4HSR interviewed
- July 6, 2012: California Assembly Approves High-Speed Rail Spending NBC Southern California. op-ed by Dennis Lytton of CA4HSR interviewed
- July 4, 2012: High-speed rail boosts economy San Bernadino Sun. Dennis Lytton of CA4HSR interviewed
- June 30, 2012: “Krause: High-speed rail will bolster economy, budget” Venture County Star. op-ed by Daniel Krause of CA4HSR
- June 26, 2012: “High-speed rail ‘Plan B’ would limit Valley line” Fresno Bee, CA4HSR mentioned in story.
- June 26, 2012: “High-speed rail funding shift touted” Handford Sentinel. CA4HSR quoted in story.
- June 24, 2012: “Global vision of bullet trains” Silicon Valley Mercury News. CA4HSR quoted in story.
- April 2, 2012: “Putting high-speed rail on fast track may just slow down train” San Francisco Examiner. CA4HSR quoted in story.
- Mar 29, 2012: “The New Plan for California’s High Speed Rail Project: Faster, Smarter, Cheaper — and Legal” The California Majority Report. Article Co-written by Daniel Krause and Steven Maviglio.
- Mar 17, 2012: “High-speed planners focus on running trains to L.A. before Bay Area.” Bakersfield Californian. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR quoted several times.
- Mar 14, 2012: “High-speed rail gets strong support at Senate hearing.” California Majority Report. Article about CA4HSR’s participation in a press conference with long quote from Daniel Krause.
- Mar 07, 2012: “What is the future of rail in California if high-speed rail does not proceed in 2012.” California Progress Report. Article by Daniel Krause, originally published in The High-Speed Rail Advocate.
- Mar 1, 2012: “Rebooting High Speed Rail.” Sacramento News & Review. Daniel Krause of CA4HSR quoted several times.
Imagine… the day when you can travel from downtown SF to downtown LA in 2.5 hours, without ever leaving the ground.
Imagine… the economic boost to California with the creation of thousands of new jobs.
Imagine… our freeways less congested, our reliance on foreign oil greatly reduced.
- Los Angeles – Anaheim: Jan 2018
- Los Angeles – Palmdale: Jun 2019
- Palmdale – Bakersfield: Jun 2019
- Bakersfield – Merced: Dec 2018
- Merced – San Jose: Sep 2019
- San Jose – San Fran: Mar 2019
- Sacramento – Merced: Mar 2020
- Los Angeles – San Diego: Mar 2021
- Altamont – Dec. 2020
- CA4HSR's Priorities for the Year Ahead:
With construction moving forward this year in the Central Valley, and with the HSR project more secure politically, Californians for High-Speed Rail (CA4HSR) is refocusing our mission on accelerating construction, monitoring project implementation, and expanding our educational and outreach efforts. Listed below are our top priorities for 2013 and beyond.
Top Policy Priorities
- Explore, propose, and support strategies to accelerate construction of the Bakersfield-Palmdale Section.
- Build support for HSR in Bakersfield (and Kern County).
- Monitor implementation of early investments in the bookends to ensure they are consistent with the statewide HSR program (esp. Caltrain Electrification).
- Explore, propose, and support strategies to accelerate construction of the tunnel to the new Transbay Transit Center
- Monitor the planning process for the redesign of Los Angeles Union Station to ensure it will accommodate HSR efficiently.
Top Education/Outreach Priorities
- Continue to educate the public about the benefits of HSR and debunk opponent lies and distortions.
- Expand stakeholder outreach efforts.
- Organize several educational forums on key topics regarding California’s HSR project.
- Increase the frequency of e-mail communications, including the restructuring of The High-Speed Rail Advocate e-newsletter so it is shorter and more frequent.
- Initiate a quarterly print newsletter (funding permitting).
Throughout this year, we will be delving into each of these topics in more detail and providing updates on each.
CA4HSR is looking forward to a great year for California’s HSR project!
- CA4HSR urges all supporters to contact their California state representatives at Stand Up For Trains, our newly launched coaltion action site. The key to moving the high-speed rail project forward right now is to convince skeptical state lawmakers to supporting high-speed rail by fully funding it in the 2012-13 budget.
Read about our 10 Local Advocacy Teams which are advocating for HSR around the state. These teams are organized by the 10 environmental studies currently being conducted by the California High Speed Rail Authority.
Click on the map to the right to get info on how to get involved in your area!
High Speed Rail News From Yahoo CAHSR News Group (Note: site no longer being updated, but a good source for archived articles prior to 2011).